Parent Letter - 3/31/23
Dear Parents and Families of RCS,
And just like that, 25% of 2023 is over. Hard to believe we have already come to the end of March. It has been interesting in many ways, including the statistic that in VA, March was colder on average than February this year. But that is Virginia weather, for sure. Despite the changes and uncertainties of the times, we can count on the fact that, as Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” While our hearts break and mourn with our Christian brothers and sisters in Nashville, we know that, especially in times like this, God is still in control, and the Holy Spirit still brings strength and comfort in our distress. Lean on Him for strength in the struggles and celebration in the victories.
Thank you to the parents and grandparents who contributed to this week's amazing book fair. It was great to partner with I55 and provide tables full of family-friendly books for students in all grades. Thank you to our librarians and parent volunteers who made this event so awesome!
It was also a pleasure to see many parents, teachers, and board members join us on campus this week for our times of corporate prayer in the Chapel. An email was sent with the major prayer points listed, and I ask that you take a moment in your prayer time this week to lift those needs before the Lord. We cannot do this ministry without God; there would be no reason to be here without you! Thank you in advance for lifting our school community before the Lord.
In our next installment of “Why RCS?”, here are five more good reasons for your friends and family members to be a part of Warrior Nation:
- Challenging academic curriculum that is Biblically integrated into all courses K-12
- Academic rigor through AP classes and a partnership with Liberty University to provide students access to over 180 Dual Enrollment college-level courses
- Community service graduation requirement for all students allows them to serve their community and represent Christ
- Partnership with OptimumEd, a college and career planning service for students and parents that provides access to all aspects of the college planning and choice process
- 33-acre campus in the heart of Chesterfield County with full athletic facilities on campus and sports options (boys and girls) in all three sports seasons
May the Lord bless you this coming week of vacation as you celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is risen!! He is risen indeed!!
Bill Sharp, M.Ed.
Head of School