Weekly Parent Letter - 8/5/22
Dear Parents and Families of RCS,
In just over two weeks, the campus will again be teeming with student, parent, and teacher activity as we kick off the 2022-2023 school year. It has been a blessing-filled summer with all God has accomplished through maintenance, repair, cleanup, and staffing.
Two weeks ago, I happily reported that RCS was fully staffed with teachers, and in just days, that changed. Today, I am again pleased to say that God has brought two great additions to the Warrior Nation teaching staff. Mr. Justin Robinson, a native of Richmond, will be teaching K-12 PE. He holds a Bachelor’s degree from Chowan University in Exercise Science, with a minor in Coaching. Mr. Luke Pride, originally from New Hampshire, will be taking over high school History and Bible classes. His teaching experience includes time in China and Brazil, and he works in Florida. Mr. Pride has two Master’s degrees – one is Christian Formation and Ministry, and the other is a Master of Divinity degree. Welcome aboard, Mr. Robinson and Mr. Pride!! Please be in prayer for our New Staff Orientation that will take place next week, followed by our Staff Work Week the following week.
Here are some upcoming events to note:
- Kindergarten – Friday, 19 August at 4:00 p.m. in the library
- New Secondary (6-12) Students – Friday, 19 August, from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. Please note the change in start time for this event.
- Warrior Welcome (K-12 students and their families) – Friday, 19 August, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the back of the school. Food, fun, and fellowship. More details to follow. NOTE: This is an outdoor event.
- Meet and Greet Day – Monday, 22 August. A chance to come by during your designated time slot to meet teachers, drop off supplies, get locker assignments (7-12), and other information (schedules, parking passes, etc.). Please attend during the times below (it’s not necessary to stay for the entire time):
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. – Last names A – I
- 10:30 – 12:00 – Last names J – R
- 1:30 – 3:00 – Last names S – Z
“The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs – heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings so that we may also share in his glory.” Romans 8:16-17
Bill Sharp, M.Ed.
Head of School