Weekly Parent Letter - 7/29/22
Dear Parents and Families of RCS,
As August looms around the corner, I would like to give you a quick update on the past couple of weeks and look forward to what is coming in the days ahead.
We were incredibly blessed to spend the week hosting a mission team from Quakertown, PA. They came to RCS and spent five days cleaning, painting, repairing, digging, and even some demolition work to help get the school ready for the 2022-23 school year. The team of 22 adults and teens stayed on campus and worked incredibly hard (even in the awful heat) to get buildings painted, windows repaired, showers divided in the boy’s locker room, lights upgraded to LED, electrical work, and other outdoor projects that were on our “summer list.” We are SUPER grateful for this team and their hard work, and we are excited that they are considering coming again next summer! Also, we once again have the privilege to partner with a team from Village Church who will be on campus tomorrow (30 July) to paint a couple of classrooms. Please be in prayer for their safety and energy as they come to minister to Warrior Nation.
Here are some upcoming events to note:
- Kindergarten – Friday, 19 August at 4:00 p.m. in the library
- New Secondary (6-12) Students – Friday, 19 August, from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the cafeteria
- Warrior Welcome (K-12) – Friday, 19 August, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the back of the school. Food, fun, and fellowship with be on the menu. More details to follow. NOTE: This will be an outdoor event.
- Meet and Greet Day – Monday, 22 August. A chance to come by during your designated time slot to meet teachers, drop off supplies, get locker assignments (7-12), and other information (like schedules, parking passes, etc.). Please attend during the times below (it’s not necessary to stay for the entire time):
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. – Last names A – I
- 10:30 – 12:00 – Last names J – R
- 1:30 – 3:00 – Last names S – Z
As we make final plans in preparation for a new school year, remember the words of the prophet Isaiah: “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.” Is. 40:31. Be renewed in the Lord as we anticipate the great things God will do this coming year!!
Bill Sharp, M.Ed.
Head of School